Xigmatek might sound like a new name to you but the Canadian-based company actually has a lot of PC hardware products in its profile. The company has now introduced the “Glaive,” a case that hardens its designers’ stance on a horizontally-compartmentalized layout.
The case has a solid partition between the two compartments when viewed from the left side. The company has also placed a separate side panel for the bottom compartment, which opens up from the right site.
The front side and the left side-panel covering the upper compartment are made of 4 mm-thick tempered glass, held together by thumb-screws. Black steel with a matte finish makes up the bottom compartment cover, the monolithic right side-panel cover, and the top panel, which has front connectivity. Further important features are listed below:
- The motherboard supports graphics cards up to 36 cm in length
- Supports CPU coolers up to 17.5 cm in height
- Slots for three 120 mm front intake fans
- You can only install a 240 mm x 120 mm along it
- Two 140/120 mm exhausts along the top panel
- Detachable dust filter
- A rear 120 mm exhaust completes the ventilation
- Storage options include two 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive trays, and two 2.5-inch mounts behind the motherboard tray
- Front-panel connectivity includes two USB 2.0 ports, a USB 3.0 type-A, and HDA jacks.
The Glaive PC case is expected to be priced around $50.