Winrar is a ZIP and RAR file archiving and compression utility. it was released almost 21 year ago in 1995. its the most used and eminent archiving software in the world and is used by a huge number of private software companies and organizations worldwide.
its highly use in Pirate Interaction for compressing software or games into RAR archives which allow them to share it anywhere without getting any trouble.
WinRAR has enormous and great value in software but the important question is how does WinRAR make money .WinRAR is only available for trial version.it come with a 40 day trial period. and the problem with winrar is when you complete the 40 days trial you can still use the software as long you want.
WinRAR was developed by Eugene Roshal, a Russian software engineer and his brother Alexander Roshal is the distributor if winrar.
WinRAR only work on Windows, the author has made an Android app called “RAR for Android
Although Common User wont pay for winrar , the only money winrar is getting are from
Software and multinationals companies .Those company doesn’t like to use open source software because they are supported by the community and their updates are not compatible.
As WinRAR, upgraded and update the software with the passage of time and it offers better compression algorithms .Thats why those multinationals companies pay their money to get WinRAR for commercial uses.
- Packing (creation) of RAR or ZIP archives.
- Unpacking of ACE, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, EXE, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA, RAR, TAR, UUE, XZ, ZIP, ZIPX, 7z, 001 (split) archives.
- Checksum (integrity) verification for ACE, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, BZIP2, RAR, XZ, ZIP and 7z archives.
- Multithreaded CPU compression and decompression.
When creating RAR archives:
- Support for maximum file size of 16 EiB (264 bytes) minus 1.
- Compression dictionary from 1 MiB to 1 GiB (limited to 256 MiB on 32-bit Windows, however 32-bit Windows still can decompress archives with 1 GiB dictionary). Default size is 32 MiB.