Streaming your Nintendo Switch game to the world can be pretty fun, isn’t it? Here we’ve written down the process through which you can do it!
Streaming Nintendo Switch
The things that you require for streaming include:
- A Switch
- A Switch dock
- A capture card like Razer Ripsaw (Make sure that you’ve installed the Razer Synapse program)
- A device to connect your Switch to the internet (and that’s obviously a PC)
- A TV or any external monitor
Now that you have all your equipment ready, simply follow these steps to get the work done.
- Connect the Switch dock to an AC socket
- Attach one end of the HDMI cable to your Razer Ripsaw and the other end to the TV or monitor device that you are using
- Now plug the USB cable from Razer Ripsaw to your PC
When you are done with this, Ripsaw light should turn green and then you can download Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS). After the install, open the program and you’ll see a “Sources” option. Now, right-click Add Video Capture Device and give it a name of your choice. Now click Device and select your capture card from the menu that appears and you’re all set.
Just to confirm, look for the image that appears on the OBS screen when you stream a game. If it does not appear, try changing the resolution FPS type to a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 and set the framerate to 60. You can stream it to any of the famous platforms, here is the method of streaming it to Youtube.
- Start by clicking on the profile icon in the upper-right corner to access your Creator Studio. Make sure that you are logged in your Google account.
- Now select the ‘Live Streaming‘ option from the menu shown at the left side of your screen in the menu on the left.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your profile and click the “Reveal on the stream key” option in Encoder Settings.
- You’ll get a unique key and you have to paste it in the OBS stream section. To go to Stream section, head to File-> Settings and you’ll get the Stream section there. Make sure that you select YouTube as the service and YouTube Primary as the server here and paste the stream key in this section.
- Apply the settings and click ‘Start Streaming’ and you’ll be live on Youtube