Although Z270 motherboards were shortlived as compared to their predecessors but it’s not like they have completely vanished away. Even in 2018, bigger manufacturing companies such as ASUS are rolling out new mobos based on the Z270 platform and their recent release includes Maximus IX Extreme with Bitspower monoblock.
The Performance Giant
One of the biggest advantages of having this Kaby Lake motherboard is that this stylish-looking chipset is far superior in terms of performance and overclocking than its competitors. One additional feature as mentioned earlier is that this E-ATX motherboard is supplied with a Bitspower monoblock. If you don’t have an idea of what it is, it’s actually a coolant for the CPU, VRMS and also the primary M.2 slot. Especially for the Maximus IX Extreme, it is just plug n play!
Specifications and Features List
- Form factor: E-ATX
- Chipset: Intel Z270 (“Union Point”) Socket LGA1151 (for 6th Gen. Skylake and 7th Gen. Kaby Lake
- RAM: Maximum 64GB DDR4 (Skylake: DDR4-2133MHz, Kaby Lake: DDR4-2400MHz, OC max. 4133 MHz) in dual channel.
- Slots (physical): 3× PCIe (3.0) x16 (16/8/4) & 1× PCIe (3.0) x4
- Compatible Multi-VGA Configurations: 2-Way SLI (Quad-GPU), 4-Way CrossFireX (Quad-GPU)
- 1× WiFi-/Bluetooth Module (incl. 802.11ac)
- 2× USB 3.1 (Type A & Type C) / 8× USB 3.0
- 2× M.2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) / 8× SATA 6G
- Asus AURA RGB LED lighting
- Custom loop cooling with included Bitspower monoblock
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that by releasing this form factor motherboard for the Z270 platform, ASUS clearly has plans to rule out the competitors!