Optoma GT1080 Darbee is a short throw gaming projector developed by Optoma Corporation, China-based multinational audio and visual solutions provider specializing in the design and manufacture of projectors, professional audio visual solutions, laser projector, and professional audio products.
Optoma GT1080 Darbee Projector focuses on video gaming as well as high-level video processing. Its stylish, well-polished body, in-built speakers, Darbee technology and a short throw distance have not failed to impress the customers.
With its broad variety of features, Optoma GT1080 Darbee Projector has impressively succeeded its award-winning sibling, Optoma GT1080 Projector.
Optoma GT1080 Darbee Throw Distance –
Throw distance is the distance between the projector and the screen where the image is thrown or displayed. Based on the throw distance, there are three types of projectors :
Long throw projectors:
These projectors require a six feet gap between them and the screen to create a 100” image. If the distance between the screen and the long throw projector is less than six feet, the image displayed on the screen shrinks.
These projectors are perfect for large hall/ exhibition space applications like concert visuals, business presentations etc. Long throw projectors are unfit for home theatres.
Short throw projectors:
To create a 100” image, the distance between a short throw projector and the screen should be four feet. These projectors are considered perfect for small viewing areas.
In case of the short throw projectors, there is less chance of someone ruining the shot hence they are preferred over long throw projectors.
Ultrashort throw projectors:
These projectors can be placed just 2 feet away from the screen to get a 100” image. These are good for both large or small rooms.
Optoma GT1080 Darbee is a short throw projector which means the distance between the Optoma GT1080 Darbee projector and the screen should be 4 feet to create a clear picture. Optoma gt1080 Darbee, a newer version of Optoma gt1080 has some amazing features such as the Darbee technology, the enhanced gaming mode and a lot more.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee Features:
Optoma gt1080 Darbee projector has overshadowed its sibling Optoma gt1080 with its integrated Darbee visual presence technology. The darbee technology focuses on the extraordinary level of details, depth, lighting and object separation. It creates sharper and clearer pictures and gives the experience of enhanced realism.
Throw ratio is the key factor before buying any projector. The short throw feature of Optoma gt1080 Darbee projector enables it to produce an impressive and clear 100” image from just over a meter away. This feature allows you to place optoma Darbee gt1080 darbee projector close to the wall/ screen, reducing shadows hence enabling you to present with ease.
The highly impressive display makes optoma gt1080 Darbee a good option for gaming and animated movies. This Projector is capable of reproducing the Rec.709 color gamut, the international HDTV standard to guarantee accurate reproduction of cinematic color.
Full HD 1080p
1080p resolution allows this projector to give sharp and detailed images from HD content without downscaling hence making it perfect for watching Blu-ray movies, HD broadcasting and playing video games.
Optoma gt1080p darbee projector displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray players, 3D broadcasting and the latest generation games consoles.
This projector has a built-in speaker for exceptional sound quality. It is easy to set up and does not require external speakers hence easing your pockets.
Optoma’s latest projector can be easily connected to your smartphone or tablet with a single cable using MHL (Mobile High Definition Link). This feature enables you to view presentations and documents, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
Auto power off
The auto power off feature of the Optoma gt1080 darbee automatically turns it off after some time if it is not being used. The optoma gt1080 projector features energy saving.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee projector eliminates all the hassle of installing long cables and thereby reducing the extra cost too. Wireless functionality lets you stream full 1080p and 3D content from a Blu-ray player, set-top box, games console or AV receiver wirelessly.
Quick resume enables you to instantly powered on again if it accidentally gets turned off.
Enhanced Gaming Mode provides a best-in-class rapid response time of 16ms keeping you ahead your competitors.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee Specifications
Projector Display Image
- Display technology – DLP
- Resolution – 1080p Full HD (1920×1080)
- Brightness – 3,000 lumens
- Contrast ratio – 28,000:1
- Native aspect ratio – 16:9
- Aspect ratio – compatible 4:3
- Keystone correction – vertical +/-40°
- Horizontal scan rate – 15.375 ~ 91.146Khz
- Vertical scan rate – 24 ~ 85(120 for 3D)Hz
- Uniformity – 80%
- Screen size – 1.15m ~ 7.62m (45.3″ ~ 300″) (diagonal)
- Light source type – Lamp
- Lamp watts – 195
- Lamp life (hours) – 5000 (Bright), 800 (Dynamic), 6000 (Eco)
Projector Optical specifications
- Throw ratio – 0.49:1
- Projection distance (m) – 0.5m – 3.35m
- Zoom type – Fixed
- Focal length (mm) – 7.42
- Native offset – 116%
- Inputs : 1 x HDMI 1.4a 3D support + MHL, 1 x HDMI 1.4a 3D support
- Outputs : 1 x Audio 3.5mm, 1 x USB-A power 1A
- Control : 1 x 3D sync, 1 x 12V trigger, 1 x mini USB service
Projector General specifications
- Noise level (typical) -26dB
PC compatibility – FHD, UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, HD, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
- 2D compatibility – NTSC M/J, 3.58MHz, 4.43MHz PAL B/D/G/H/I/M/N, 4,43MHz SECAM B/D/G/K/K1/L, 4.25/4.4MHz 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p(50/60Hz), 1080i(50/60Hz),1080p(50/60Hz)
- 3D compatibility – Side-by-Side:1080i50/60, 720p50 / 60 Frame-pack: 1080p24, 720p50/ 60 Over-Under: 1080p24, 720p50/ 60
- 3D – Full 3D
- Security – Security bar, Kensington Lock, Password protected interface
- OSD / display languages – 25 languages : Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Farsi, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Chinese (simplified), Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (traditional), Turkish, Vietnamese
- Operating conditions – 5°C ~ 40°C, Max. Humidity 85%, Max. Altitude 3000m
- Remote control – Backlit home remote
- Speaker count – 2
- Watts per speaker – 10W
- In the box – Carry bag, Lens cap, AC power cord, remote control, Battery, Basic user manual
- Power supply – 100 ~ 240V, 50 ~ 60Hz
- Power consumption (standby) – 0.5W
- Power consumption (min) – 187W
- Power consumption (max) – 225W
Weight and dimensions
- Net weight – 2.66kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) mm – 315 x 224 x 114
Optoma gt1080 Darbee setup
There are some key points that need to be taken care of before installing optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector. They are as follows: The optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector has been designed in a manner which requires it to be placed in the following four positions – Table mount front: placed on the table kept in front of the screen
- The optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector has been designed in a manner which requires it to be placed in the following four positions – Table mount front: placed on the table kept in front of the screen
– Table mount rear: placed on the table behind the screen
– Ceiling mount front: mounted on the ceiling in form of the screen
– Ceiling mount mounted on the ceiling behind the screen.
You can select one of the above-mentioned locations for installing optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector according to your room layout or personal preference.
- Size and position of your screen, the location of a suitable power outlet and location and distance between the projector and the rest of your equipment should be taken into consideration before setting up the Projector.
- Optoma gt1080 Darbee projector should be kept flat on a surface and should be perpendicular to the screen.
- Optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector setup requires it to be placed only in the above-mentioned orientations. It should be horizontal and not tilted left/ right. The working of Optoma gt1080 depends majorly on the correct installation and orientation. Non-fulfillment of the above-mentioned points will hamper its warranty and may shorten the lifetime of the Projector lamp leading to other unpredictable damages.
After placing optoma gt1080 Darbee projector in a horizontal position, the tilt angle not exceeding 15 degrees, ensure that there is at least 50 cm clearance around the exhaust vent.
Also, ensure that the intake vents do not recycle hot air from the exhaust vent. If the optoma gt1080 darbee projector is being operated in an enclosed space, make sure that the surrounding air temperature within the enclosure does not exceed operation temperature while the optoma gt1080 Darbee projector is running, and both the air intake and exhaust vents are unobstructed.
All enclosures should pass a certified thermal evaluation to ensure that the projector does not recycle exhaust air, as this may cause the Projector to shut down even if the enclosure temperature is with the acceptable operating temperature range.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector Image Adjustment
After connecting all the sources to optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector, this is how you can adjust the projector image.
- Image height: The optoma gt1080 Darbee projector is equipped with elevator feet for adjusting the image height.
1. Locate the adjustable foot you wish to adjust on the underside of the projector.
2. Rotate the adjustable foot clockwise or counterclockwise to raise or lower the projector.
- Focus: To adjust the focus, turn the focus ring clockwise or counterclockwise until the image is sharp and legible.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee Projector Remote setup
Installing/ replacing the batteries
Two AAA size batteries are supplied for the remote control which is to be inserted in the battery compartment of the remote.
Infra-Red (IR) remote control sensor is located on the top side and front side of the optoma gt1080 Darbee projector. In order to correctly function the projector’s IR remote control, hold it at an angle within 30 degrees perpendicular to the projector’s IR remote control sensor.
The distance between the remote control and the sensor should not be longer than 7 meters (~ 23 feet). There should be no obstacle between the remote control and the IR sensor on the projector that might obstruct the infra-red beam.
Ensure that the IR transmitter of the remote control is not being shined by sunlight or fluorescent lamps directly. The remote control should be kept away from fluorescent lamps for over 2 meters otherwise the remote control might become malfunction.
Also, if the remote control and the projector are within a very short distance, the remote control might become ineffective.
The effective distance between the remote control and the screen should be less than 5 meters, however, the effective range might change according to screens.
Optoma gt1080 Darbee is one of the best gaming projector
This means you can adjust the size of the image only by moving the projector’s position relative to your screen. The projector lets you experience gaming and movies like never before.
It sharpens pictures and boosts their contrast range. Its exceptional Darbee visual presence technology focuses on the minute details and gives the feeling of enhanced realism.
Moreover, Optoma gt1080 Darbee’s short throw distance lets it display a 100” image even by placing at 1m away from the screen.
The short throw distance makes optoma gt1080 Darbee suitable for small rooms. This projector is a tempting home entertainment bargain as it provides the feeling of enhanced realism at a minimal price.