OnePlus has completed a fresh update for its two high-end Smartphones which are OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. As the manufacturer reveals in the official forum, that updates are now available for OnePlus device. However, users should look for several signs of incorrect settings while installing the updates.
On the new year, the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T received updates to OxygenOS 4.0.0, which was based on Android 7.0 nougat. A week later it followed by a new version 4.0.1. Only one month later OxygenOS 4.0.3 was available for both devices. The intention of making updates for both models is to fix the bugs in the current version.
Here are some highlights:
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
In the new updates, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T can switch in the WLAN settings that allows users to choose between using an IPv4 address and an IPv6 address. The camera app runs more stable and provides better exposure at night.
OnePlus new update still has a small problem with changes in the WLAN option.
Issues and Fixes
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections, please go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner) > Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)> If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop
- If you still experience WiFi connectivity issues, please send me a pm along with the brand and model of your router. Thanks.