Aside from launching better and improved graphic hardware. GPU manufacturers also have to pay attention on updating their graphic drivers. Which is necessary to insure that games are taking advantage of the hardware provided to its full extent. Though in some cases these drivers update are also related towards a launch of new title. Which is the case here with NVIDIA’s latest GeForce Game Ready drivers.
NVIDIA has just announced their new 381.89 WHQL drivers. Which aside from some improvements, also brings support for a lot of games. Including the new game called Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III. Aside from that other games are also included which includes Batman Arkham VR, Wilson’s Heart, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality and Heroes of the Storm 2.0.
Details regarding the new updated mentioned on NVIDIA’s website include:
- Added support for Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Added DTS X and Dolby Atmos support for 5.1.2 speaker configuration.
- Added Dolby Vision support for games.
- Added Nvidia AnselTM support for Snake Pass and Kona.
- Nvidia Control Panel
- Display page: Added the option to override the Windows 10 control of desktop
Other game optimizations were also brought to the table including:
- [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. 
- [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followed by the Recovery screen during software unbundling process. 
- [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (sys) after the system reboots from sleep mode. 
- GPU idling voltage has increased. 
NVIDIA also provided some details on what kind of problems its users might face with the new update, that includes:
- [GeForce Experience]: Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a driver overinstall. To work a ound, perform a clean installation.
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][Battlefield 1 XP1]: With SLI enabled, corruption appears in the game when switching between full-screen and windowed mode. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Mass Effect: Andromeda]: Random memory errors may occur when playing the game. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Sid Meirie’s Civilization VI][G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12]: Black corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene. 
- [GeForce GTX Titan X][Ansel][Ghost Recon Wildlands]: With FXAA enabled from the Nvidia Control Panel, the application crashes when enabling the in-game Ansel UI. 
- Error code 43 appears in the Device Manager after installing the driver with HDMI display connected. 
- [Pascal][Notebook]: The display remains blank while over-installing the driver, requiring a reboot. 
- [GM204, Tom Clancy’s The Division Survival DLC] Game crashes, pointing to dllwhen changed to full-screen and to windowed full-screen. 
- [GM204, ShadowPlay] For Honorsilently may crash if the intro video is skipped while instant replay is on.