MSI is a trusted name worldwide in terms of sturdy motherboard production and the company has once again created a masterpiece, the MEG X399 Creation. It is one of MSI’s flagship socket TR4 motherboards which was displayed for the first time at this year’s Computex.
Here are some of its hardware specs:
- Compatible with 2nd generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2000 processors
- Built in the ATX form-factor
- Recommended only for EATX-capable cases
- 19-phase CPU VRM
- A combination of 24-pin ATX
- Two 8-pin EPS
- An optional 4-pin Molex
- Large heatsink for quick heat dissipation
- 4 M.2-2280 slots over the new M.2-Xpander Aero
- 8 DDR4 DIMM slots supporting up to 2048 GB of DDR4 ECC memory
- 4 PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots (full-time x16/x8/x16/x4), and an x1
- Storage connectivity includes 7 M.2-NVMe slots (3 onboard, 4 via the included M.2-Xpander Aero accessory)
- 8 SATA 6 Gbps ports
- MSI’s highest-grade onboard audio solution combining an ALC1220 with a headphones amplifier
- Audio-grade capacitors
- Two 1 GbE interfaces driven by Intel i219-V controllers (10 GbE is a notable absentee)
- 802.11ac + BT 5.0 WLAN
- 10 USB 3.1 ports on the rear panel (including a type-C port), and four USB 3.1 ports via front-panel headers)
- RGB LED diffusers at the rear I/O shroud, the chipset heatsinks, and the reverse side of the PCB.
The board is expected to be priced around $500.