If your screen suddenly turns sideways or upside down, the first thing that you might be doing just like most of the people is to start looking for the button that you accidentally pressed. In search of the right button, you might end with something even worse, for example, closing a window that you didn’t intend to or anything similar to this. Well, this is a common situation and you don’t need to worry as its solution can be figured out quite easily.
Fix It With Your Keyboard
One of the options to fix the sideways or upside down screen is to do so with your keyboard. Though these keyboard shortcuts can vary with the video card or the software that you are using in your system, it might remain the same in most of the cases. There are three simple shortcuts that you need to remember for the rest of your life so that if you fall in a similar kind of problem at any point of your life, you’ll know what to do.
- CTRL+ALT+Up Arrow to rotate your screen Up (In the normal position)
- CTRL+ALT+Down Arrow to rotate your screen upside down
- CTRL+Alt+Left Arrow to rotate your screen to left
- CTRL+Alt+Right Arrow to rotate your screen to right
If the problem still persists, it’s probably due to the graphics card you have installed which has its own settings. To see those settings, go to the Graphic Settings and then activate this hotkey combination.
Also, you can try out different methods for setting the display orientation with respect to the Windows that you are using.
- Select Display Settings option from the context menu that you get into by right-clicking on an empty space on your desktop
- Now select ‘Landscape’ option from the Orientation menu
- Now click Apply and if you like the changed orientation, click Save within 15 seconds otherwise it’ll be reverted automatically.
- For Windows 8, just click on the “Adjust screen resolution” option in the Control Panel and the “Change the appearance of your display screen” will let you set the orientation through the Orientation drop-down menu.
- Just like Windows 10, Save it or it will Revert after 15 seconds