iOS 10 has reached almost 80% of active devices Apple
Apple has published the official figures on the use of its mobile platform in the ecosystem of enabled devices. The data show that the vast majority of smartphones are supported by the latest version of iOS.
According to the graph iOS 10 is installed on 80% of active devices, which mean iOS 10 is installed on every 4 of 5 active devices, while the previous version iOS 9 is still running the 16% of the smartphones and the remaining 5% are still using even older versions of the Apple mobile platform.
The adoption rate over the six months after the release of iOS 10 is, even more, faster than in the case of iOS 9 in the same period of time.
If we compare overall adoption rate of iOS 10 with iOS 9, the numbers are almost identical. The overall percentage of all active devices is over 85% slightly high compared to iOS 10 with 80%.
Apple has always favored a greater control for pushing users on the latest updates, thus promoting security and stability of the operating system.
On the other side, Android Nougat is almost a month older than iOS 10, but its adoption rate is just at 1.2 percent of active Android devices.
iOS 10.3 is still in beta, it will add many other features which include:
– “Find My AirPods” tool to help users locate lost AirPods.
– SiriKit can be used to pay bills, check on the status of payments, and schedule future rides.
– The weather icon in the Maps app includes 3D Touch to show hourly forecasts.
– CarPlay includes new shortcuts for launching recently used apps.
– CarPlay’s Maps now features EV charging station locations.
– HomeKit supports programmable light switches.
– Conversation View in the Mail app features navigation improvements.