Intel has plans set up for the release of the latest Core-X i9 processor which is one among the six HEDT processors as planned. 2 of them are based on the famous KabyLake Xarchitecture while the other four are based on SkylakeX. Though the best is yet to come as the i9-7920X will launch in August, but for now, treat yourselves with the 2 that will be available in this month.
The specifications of the upcoming models are listed below:
- Up to 112W TDP for KabylakeX and 160W for SkylakeX
- 44 PCIe lanes for the i9-7900 series as the i9-7800 will have up to 28 lanes and the i7-7700/7600 will have up to 16 lanes
- A third clock state called Turbo Clock 3.0 for the three parts from i9 series for better clock speeds
- AVX512 extensions enabled
- 1MB L2 cache size
- Quad-DDR4 2666 MHz for Skylake-X and dual-channel for Kabylake-X