If you are one of those who hated Surface pro 4 of its longish life-cycle, HP has some exciting news for you. The Californian company is releasing a newer version or it should be an “Alternate Version” for the Surface Pro 4. Dubbed as Elite x2 1012 G2, this machine is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop cum tablet. The new device is said to have a Kaby Lake processor under the hood.
Based on rumors, the machine can possibly feature a Kaby Lake Core i5/ i7 processor with the following specifications paired up:
- 16GB of LPDDR3-1866 RAM
- 512GB of internal storage with an open choice between M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- 12.3 inches Gorilla Glass 4-covered display with a WQXGA+ (2736×1824) resolution
- 5MP front-facing camera and 8MP rear camera
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity with NFC, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.2
- One USB 3.1 Type-C port
- A 47 WHr battery with HP Fast Charge support (up to 10 hours battery life, 50 percent charge can be achieved in 30 minutes)
- When converted into a tablet, the weight of this machine becomes 1.77 pounds
- When docked with the travel Keyboard, the weight becomes 2.55 pounds. Also, the Advantage Keyboard” takes the weight a further up to 2.94 pounds
Availability And Pricing
According to some firm reports, the HP Elite x2 1012 G2 will hit the shelves in July. The price of the HP Elite will start from $1,099.