Using GIFs during conversations is becoming one of the most popular trends these days and Whatsapp also became a part of the race in early 2017. The popular messaging service added support for various GIF creating platforms including GIPHY, in the chat feature of the app. Although the feature came out months ago, it seems like most of the people don’t even know about it yet.
Update Your Whatsapp
First thing’s first! Check out whether you are running the latest version of the app or not. Once you have updated your app, you can move to the next step.
- Start off by pressing the emoticon face in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Ignore the yellow emoji and look for the GIF button present in the center bottom of your screen
- As a default option, Whatsapp will show you GIFs from Tenor GIFs from where you can search for your favorite one
- Keep on looking for the one you want or press the magnifying glass in the bottom left and enter your search if you want to find one manually
- Once selected, look at your right to see all of the options that match your search
- Tap the GIF you want and write a text message to accompany it. You can also send a GIF without typing a text message.
- Press the ‘plus’ icon in the bottom left of the screen
- You’ll be greeted with a number of multimedia options and one of them will be ‘photo and video library’
- Press this option and look for the magnifying glass icon in the bottom left which says GIF next to it
- Tap it to search your favorite one and select the one you want to send it to someone
- If you use the feature regularly, your favorite ones will be cached by the app and will appear under the ‘Starred GIF option’.