Great news for HTC One M8 users! The Meizu’s Flyme 6 ROM is now available for the single SIM models of M8. If you haven’t already checked out the cool looking interface of the Flyme6, Google it now and it will surely look tempting to you.
To give you a better idea, the Flyme 6 ROM has a broad color palette that is based on CyanogenMod. The developers have taken the AI in Flyme 6 to a whole new level as the Intelligent Thinking Engine “One Mind” in the custom ROM reads user’s habit and provides instant solutions.
Pre-Requisites for The Upgrade
If you want to install the Flyme6 custom ROM, you have to keep in mind these points:
- As always, make a safe backup of your data before you proceed
- Install all USB drivers for your HTC device. If you don’t know from where to get them, click here
- Make sure your device’s USB debugging is enabled. To check, go to Settings > Development Options and turn on the USB debugging (if not enabled already)
- Before installing, make sure that your HTC One M8’s bootloader is unlocked and install a reliable recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- The process consumes a hell lot of your battery charging so make sure you charge it to 100%
Install The Flyme 6 Custom ROM
Once you have completed all the steps of the pre-requisites section, you can safely proceed to the installation process as described below:
- Copy paste the Flyme 6 ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder and boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory
- Remove the USB cable that connects your phone to the PC and turn off your phone
- Restart the phone in bootloader mode. If you don’t know how, simply press the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously and it will take your phone to the Fastboot mode
- Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC and then open the Command Prompt with this shortcut: Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- In the cmd window, type the following command and press Enter
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now your phone will go through the fast boot reboot where you again need to press Enter
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and select Bootloader > Recovery
Select wipe data/factory reset and confirm from the menu and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache from the “Advanced” menu
- Now head to the main menu of recovery and install select the ‘zip from SDcard and find Flyme 6 file
- Once you find the file, select it and confirm the process
- As a last step of the process, return to the main recovery menu and reboot your One M8 into Flyme6 custom ROM
Now grab a cup of coffee and relax as it will take almost 15 to 20 minutes to start for the first time. After that, you are free to enjoy the awesome UI of Flyme 6 in your HTC One M8.