Android Oreo is now pushing to the other smartphone devices. The Oreo version is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. However, the version is unstable, but developers are testing more on the compatibility of latest version with Galaxy S3 devices. The users can now update the Galaxy S3 devices with the latest Android version 8.0.0 Oreo.
Update Galaxy S3 to Android 8 Oreo
The Galaxy S3 users have to required download LineageOS custom ROM. Now you have to save the file on desktop computer. You are not required to extract the contents in files. You are required to follow given below steps to update.
- The users have to connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable. Now copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together, on doing this, your device will go to booting process.
- Click on the Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from the TWRP 3.0.2 recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard, followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the LineageOS Oreo custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few long minutes.