Update your old android version to new Android 7.1.1 Nougat, which is now more faster and smoother than the old ones. Use Nougat with more beautiful UI and updated features and can be easily installed on Galaxy S5 with the help Zephyr ROM.
Zephyr Android 7.1.1 Nougat features
-Carrier Label customisations
-AOSPA battery styles
-Clock & Date customisation
-Network Traffic indicator
-status bar brightness control
-DT2S on navbar
-recents panel search bar toggle
-Hardware buttons action (for HWnavkeys devices only)
-Longpress recents button to switch between apps
-Middle Lockscreen shortcuts (custom apps)
-Music seek control when screen locked
-Volume rocker wake
-LockScreen Music Visualizer
- NOTIFICATION DRAWER
-Customize quick settings tiles(add / delete / rearrange)
-Brightness slider toggle
-Vibrate on touch
-toggle status bar icons
-Time contextual Headers
-Disable Quick Settings in secured lockscreen
– GESTURES (Hand Wave / Pocket mode)
– Dashboard switches
– SUBSTRATUM for theming
– Per app expanded desktop control
– Multi window mode
– Paranoid Android’s Floating Window
– Ability to pause / resume downloads
– Custom Ambient Display settings
– AppOps / Privacy Guard
– Reset Battery Stats option
What you’ll need to have before in order to Install Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy S5
- First, you need to Download and install USB drivers properly on your system for Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Check whether The USB debugging mode is enable/disable.
- You need to enable the USB debugging mode.
- You need to Instal a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM on your gadget.
- First take backup any important data before starting the process.
- Charge your battery of Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F more than 75% of charge.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy S5:
- Restart your phone into recovery mode, hold and press the home, power and down volume keys until you see the light on the screen.Wait for a while and your phone will be enter into recovery mode.
- When you enter to recovery system, click on Backup and restore. After backup jump to recovery menu again.
- Now click the option of factory reset and press yes. Go back to CWM/TWRP recovery menu and Clean Cache portion and also clean Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now install Zip from external sdcard. Search the Zephyr custom ROM and choose it by clicking the power button. And then press Yes.
- Now from the main recovery menu choose the reboot option and reboot you phone.