Middle-earth: Shadow of War has always remained a popular title since its release but it seems like Warner Bros. Interactive isn’t in favor of taking it ahead. The game is facing a shortage of steady supply of updates and new content so that has forced the developers to put it to halt once and for all. To conclude the series in a logical way, WB will give the story, one last expansion, Desolation of Mordor.
It will come along a big free update, adding more to the difficulty level and Nemesis enhancements. Also, to make the ending a really happy one, the developers are cutting out the microtransactions finally.
Speaking of what we know of the gameplay, you will be casted as Baranor, the captain of the doomed city Minas Ithil. As described by Wccftech, here’s what you should expect:
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all-new desert region of Lithlad, the lair of the Were-Wyrms.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of Shindrâm.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
The free content update includes:
- Nemesis System Enhancements– Overlords now have bodyguards, who function the same as Warchief bodyguards and are able to deploy spies.
- Brutal Difficulty– Enemies are as fast and lethal as on Gravewalker difficulty, but the damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- New Player Skin– Choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Photo Mode Upgrades– New stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
- Online Fight Pits & Online Conquests Update– Search for friends by player name when battling it out in online modes.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is already available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 and with the micro transactions excluded, it will regain its previous players.