be quiet! The name of the company is just according to what they specialize in, the 0db hardware products! The company produces a wide range of PC cases, which are based on a true experience of being silent. Well, you can skip the very minute sounds which give us the feeling that the thing is running, otherwise, we might think of it as a problem! The product which we found interesting to cover, is the Dark Base 700 Chassis by be quiet!
Dark Base 700
This is not the latest of company’s products, so Dark Base 700 is naturally placed just below the Dark Base 900. Before proceeding, I must warn you that this case will cost you £175, which for me, is pretty much high for a PC case.
Here’s a brief list of the official specs included in it:
- Motherboard support: E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX.
- Expansion slots: 7+2.
- Included fans: 1x be quiet! SilentWings3 140mm front intake, 1x be quiet! SilentWings3 140mm rear exhaust.
- Fan mounts: 3x 120/140mm front, 3x 120/140mm roof, 1x 120/140mm rear, 1x 120/140mm floor.
- 120mm radiator mounts: 120mm/240mm/360mm front, 120mm/240mm/360mm roof, 120mm rear.
- 140mm radiator mounts: 140mm/280mm front, 140mm rear.
- 5.25″ drive bays: None
- Internal drive bays: 7x 3.5, 3+6 x2.5″.
- Dimensions: 519mm H x 544mm D x 241mm W.
PC Builders Heaven
If you want reasoning to justify the hefty price tag, you must know that it is primarily made for the enthusiastic gamers, who don’t want to compromise on even a single hardware part of their PC. Also, the price tag can be justified by its ability to flip the motherboard tray. Interestingly, you can pull out the power supply cover, remove the top radiator rack, undo nine screws and give the whole thing a pull.
To test what this case is capable of, a cooling competition was organized, in which a system consisting of an AMD Threadripper 1920X CPU and GTX 1080 Ti graphics card was installed. Other than that, these were the specs used for testing:
- Processor: 3.7GHz AMD Threadripper 1920X
- Motherboard: ASRock X399 Taichi
- CPU cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO
- Memory: 32GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4-3200MHz
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W
- Storage drive: SanDisk Extreme II SSD
- OS: Windows 10
The results are shown in the images, so you can better understand what you can make out of it!