sam2 More bad news for samsung! the Galaxy S6 edge plus bursts into flames on a nightstand

A user by the name of ReturnThroughAether on Reddit found his phone completely burnt. He posted images of his Galaxy S6 edge plus and said that he got lucky the phone was placed on the nightstand and not his bed which would have received a significant amount of damage and possibly caused irreversible injuries to the user as well.

pjimage 1 2 More bad news for samsung! the Galaxy S6 edge plus bursts into flames on a nightstand

“Woke up this morning (yesterday technically. 12/20) just in time to get ready for work and looked over to find my phone has exploded. Luckily I don’t keep it on my bed, as you can see it scorched my night stand. I’ve talked to Samsung and my carrier. The phone had no problems before, no overheating. I think I’m done with Samsung for a while, really gonna miss the photos I had from Africa in the fall. Dammit Samsung, I was still in your corner after the Note 7 stuff too.”

After the fiasco with the Galaxy Note 7, the user remained loyal to the company but following this occurrence it seems highly unlikely that the user will buy a phone from Samsung again. ReturnThroughAether did not indicate how the phone was kept prior to the incident. The user also did not identify whether he had used the original charger that came with the packaging or a non-certified charger.  Most people lose the original accessories that come with the phone and usually buy other ones for a cheaper price that are not certified for use by Samsung.

In the future, if you want to avoid this kind of event, then it is highly recommended by manufacturers that you persistently use the accessories that are included in the original packaging of your device as they are deduced for safe usage.

CPSC (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) set better safety standards for batteries after Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Blunder