When it comes to high-performance gaming motherboards, ASUS is one of the most trusted names in the industry. The mid-range series of ASUS TUF Gaming motherboards is now updated with a new micro-ATX socket LGA1151 motherboard, the TUF B360M-Plus Gaming S.
TUF B360M-Plus Gaming S
The TUF B360M-Plus Gaming S is actually a polygonal shaped motherboard, built with the characteristic black+yellow color scheme. Compatible with the latest 8th generation Core processors, the board has a quite sturdy build.
Speaking of the features, the board comes with the following features:
- A 24-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS power connectors combination
- Compatible with the CPU with a 4+3 phase VRM
- The CPU is wired to four DDR4 DIMM slots
- A reinforced PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot
- Two other PCI-Express 3.0 x1 slots
- Three M.2 PCIe slots
- Two M.2-2280 slots for high-end storage connectivity
- PCIe gen 3.0 x4 wiring for M.2 slots
- SATA 6 Gbps wiring and six SATA 6 Gbps ports
- The third M.2 slot is 30 mm long and has PCIe 3.0 x1 wiring and is meant for CNVi WLAN cards
The networking portion is handled by an Intel i219-V controller driving a GbE interface. Here’s what is included in the audio ports selection:
- An entry-level Realtek ALC887 codec with 6-channel output
- Audio-grade capacitors
- Ground-layer isolation
- USB connectivity includes two USB 3.1 gen 2 (both type-A), four USB 3.1 gen 1 (three type-A, one type-C), two USB 3.1 gen 1 front-panel ports by a header; and a number of USB 2.0 ports
Finally, the board comes with an RGB LED ornament at the top-right corner, and a 4-pin RGB LED header, controlled by Aura Sync RGB software. The price of the TUF B360M-Plus Gaming S is said to be around USD $120.