We all loved the ASUS Zenbook Pro since it first came out because of its good-looking hardware specs and the company also revamped the computer last year to give a much better and improved version of it. But recently, ASUS announced a totally new version of the system at the “Edge of Beyond” event. The company has named the new machine, “ZenBook Pro UX550,” and has packed it with a handful of awesome-looking features.
Specifications of UX550
The latest offering in the series has a number of notable features as mentioned below:
- Intel’s quad-core Kaby Lake CPUs: both the top-tier Core i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz to 3.8GHz; 8 threads, 6MB cache) and the Core i5-7300HQ (2.5GHz to 3.5GHz; 4 threads, 6MB cache)
- 4GB DDR5 VRAM NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti graphics card
- Dedicated 4K HEVC support for better 4K video processing
- 2 Type-C USB ports instead of 1 and an HDMI 1.4 port
- A bigger battery which delivers almost 12 to 14 hours battery time and the quick charge technology charges the machine from 0 to 60% in just 49 minutes
- A dual-fan cooling system to avoid CPU and GPU’s overheating
- Harman/Kardon-certified quad-speaker audio system
Talking about the dimensions of this machine, it has an 18.9mm thick and 1.8kg heavy body covered with a metal lid. Also, the 15.6-inch 4K touchscreen provides the perfect 178-degree viewing angle.
The Competition Call
Priced at $1,299, the Zenbook Pro UX550 is a competition call to Apple’s MacBook Pro. The most distinctive feature is the improved 4K display panel which draws the line.