ASRock is holding its flag high in the field of motherboards production and the latest flagship announced by the company is X299 OC Formula Motherboard. The OC Formula Motherboard means a motherboard specially designed by the OverClockers while keeping in mind all the factors of heat and other related issues.
X299 OC Formula
The first ever motherboard in the market designed by the most relevant person! Yes! A genuine overclocker, Nick Shih has developed the board. If you are a true overclocker or a follower of the overclocking industry, this name might not be a new one for you. ASRock’s partnership with Shih has turned out to be one of the coolest ventures by the company as the board purely focuses on overclocking exclusively. So if you are looking for some cosmetic upgrades other than gaming, I guess you are out of luck.
The features which make X299 OC Formula a different option than the usual motherboards present in the market are described below:
- A rock-solid CPU VRM design to deliver 13 power phase as an overclocking gift for all the gamers
- An additional 2 power phase that ensures memory area’s stability
- Current and temperature sector designed by the expert, Dr. MOS himself to deliver a smooth power punch
- An integrated Hyper BCLK Engine III controller providing you with a wider range of frequencies
- The Hyper BCLK Engine III controller is also responsible for more precise clock waveforms
- To avoid overheating, XXL Aluminum Alloy Heatsink/Heatpipe design is incorporated
- A special 8-layer PCB layout supporting Quad-Channel memory technology (one dimm per channel)
- Up to DDR4 4600Mhz frequency which can further go up to 4800Mhz under careful conditions
Harry Butler, Director, PR & Marketing Communications says:
ASRock and CORSAIR share the same goal to continue to raise the performance bar. We are delighted to cooperate with ASRock to bring out the world’s first 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-4500 production kit, using ultra-high performance ASRock X299 OC Formula motherboard.