Apple recently released tv OS 11 final version for iOS smart TV devices. You can upgrade the version and also enjoy the option to downgrade your Apple TV to tv OS 10 / 10.2.2. However, the final version of Apple tvOS 11 comes with slightly changes in the features and functions.
The latest version compatible with the Apple latest released version Apple TV 4K, the latest version is improve in performance and has features to fix the functions and bugs where it is necessary. In some frame of time, if you feels that the last version tvOS 10 / 10.2.2 is much better than the the final version of tvOS 11 you can go with it by limited time. Keep in mind, only Apple TV 4 is compatible to work with tvOS 10.
Here are some simple steps to downgrade the latest version to last version for a limited period of time.
Downgrade tvOS 11 Final to tvOS 10
- Download the latest tvOS 10 firmware file that is currently signed by Apple. For those wondering, it’s tvOS 10.2.2 and you can download it. Save the IPSW file to your desktop for easy access later on.
- Install iTunes (apple.com/itunes) and launch it.
- Connect your Apple TV 4 to your PC or Mac using a USB-C cable and also make sure that the power cable is plugged in too.
- As soon as your Apple TV is detected by iTunes, select it from the top left hand side.
- Click on the ‘Restore Apple TV’ button while pressing down the left Option key (Mac) or the left Shift key (Windows) and select the tvOS 10.2.2 firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
- After a few minutes iTunes will inform you once the downgrade process is complete.