The first quarter of 2017 will be exciting for AMD. Ryzen CPUs should be available in several models In March.
In the second quarter, the company plans to launch AMD’s Radeon Vega graphics cards along with Zen architecture that should be implemented in the server segment, with 32 core processor called AMD Naples. The CPUs is coming into battle with Intel Skylake-EP / -EX which is also boosted up to 32 core expected to appear in the middle of this year.
AMD President and CEO Chief Lisa Su said that new Ryzen CPUs will be available in early March. The company would like to supply its customers the DIY Kit (premium air, water cooling solutions) as well to complete PC.
Also Read :Q4 2016 Financial Results Announced By AMD
Lisa Su said that the Ryzen chips are certainly ready to compete against Intel’s Core i7 with eight cores, and the other models should cover the entire desktop segment.
If rumors are believed to be true AMD Ryzen Zen architecture may be ready in Quad-Core, Six Core and Eight Core Ryzen processor. this Further divide it into Three categories. R7, R5 and R3 (Codenamed SR7, SR5, SR3) .
Below are top brand quality processors in R7.
- R7 1800X: 8 cores, 16 threads
- R7 Pro 1800: 8 cores, 16 threads
- R7 1700X: 8 cores, 16 threads
- R7 1700: 8 cores, 16 threads
- R7 Pro 1700: 8 cores, 16 threads
R7 1800X is the most powerful among the new products with 8core / 16 Thread -based clocked at 3.6GHz with Turbo mode to 4GHz and additional 5 octa- core CPU which would compete with Intel’s Core i7-6900K. Other R7 processors clock speed will range from 3GHz to 3.6GHz The Core R7 1800X .
Below model Include in R5 category:
- R5 1600X: 6 cores, 12 threads
- R5 Pro 1600: 6 cores, 12 threads
- R5 1500: 6 cores, 12 threads
- R5 Pro 1500: 6 cores, 12 threads
- R5 1400X: 4 cores, 8 threads
- R5 Pro 1400: 4 cores, 8 threads
- R5 1300: 4 cores, 8 threads
- R5 Pro 1300: 4 cores, 8 threads
The R5 model is set to come in both six core and quad core processors, clock speed range from 3.2GHz to 3.5GHz. R5 Ryzen CPUs is believed to compete with Intel’s Core i5-6700K, Core i5-7600, and Core i5-7500.
The R3 has 4 model which are:
- R3 1200X: 4 cores, 4 threads
- R3 Pro 1200: 4 cores, 4 threads
- R3 1100: 4 cores, 4 threads
- R3 Pro 1100: 4 cores, 4 threads
R3 are quad-core chips with clock speed range from 3.1GHz to 3.4GHz.