Attention folks! AMD Radeon Vega is finally available for preorder and the first variant of the series that we are going to see coming out of the box is Vega Frontier priced at 1,199 USD / 1,140 GBP. Sure that’s a huge price count but the thing is a beast too!
Retailers Showing The Available Item
Two of the Vega cards including the normal air cooled version and the better version with liquid cooling are available for preorder at retailers like Scan UK and Sabre PC. The specifications listed on both forums have no difference among them and a GPU clock of 1600 MHz has been listed while 16GB HBM2 memory and Vega 10 GPU with 4096 Stream Processorsare also mentioned.
In addition to the specs mentioned above, Vega Frontier has opened up ways for the Scientists to explore a world of new technologies and define new challenges. The next-gen compute units used in the graphics card can face the major challenges and frontiers of the modern day and the ‘Enhanced Pixel Engine and Revolutionary Memory Engine‘ along with the ‘Efficient Geometry Engine‘ will be enough to provide you the best visual experience whether you are playing a game or rendering some heavy graphics processing.
Some other distinguishing features are:
- “Vega” GPU Architecture.
- 64 Next-Gen Compute Units (nCUs) (4096 Stream Processors)
- 16GB High Bandwidth Cache (HBC) Memory.
- 483 GB/s Memory Bandwidth.
- 90 Gpixels/s Fillrate
- 13.1 TFLOPS Peak FP32 Compute Performance
- 26.2 TFLOPS Peak FP16 Compute Performance
- 3x DisplayPort™ 1.4 HBR3/HDR Ready, & 1x HDMI™ 4K60 Display Outputs
- DirectX® 12.1, OpenGL® 4.5, OpenCL™ 2.0, & Vulkan® 1.0 API Support
- Dual-slot, full length (10.5”) Form Factor.
- Air Cooling Solution. Liquid-cooled versions also available