We all know a famous tech giant company by the name of “Google” but did you know that the “Alphabet Inc.” is actually the parent company for Google? For the first time in its history, Alphabet Inc. reported its amount of revenue gains for specific regions of the world on the occasion of its ‘Earnings Thursday.’
Having a look at the report, following points are carved out and the breakdown of sales in the Q1 of this year as compared to the Q1 of the last year are listed below:
- For Asia-Pacific region, a rise of 29 percent to $3.6 billion was recorded
- For U.S region, a rise of 25 percent to $11.8 billion was recorded
- The total revenue increase for Europe, Middle East, and Africa collectively rose up to 13 percent to $8.1 billion.
- For the U.K region, reports were not that much satisfactory as only a gain of 5% was recorded during the year. This downfall is actually subjected to the Google’s YouTube controversy
- Also, the Canadian and Latin American figures are pretty impressive as a rise of 34 percent to $1.3 billion was recorded
Ruth Porat, the Chief Financial Officer of Alphabet expressed his views regarding the report as mentioned below:
These groupings align more closely with how we manage our businesses and also with the major currencies that affect our results.