If you don’t already know about AAEON, it’s actually a child company of ASUS founded in 1992 and has been a global leader in embedded computing systems. The company has recently released the NANOCOM-KBU. NANOCOM-KBU is actually the world’s first COM Express Type 10 board to be powered by a 7th Gen Intel Core U Processor. To support the processor, it has onboard 4GB DDR4 memory and a graphics engine that supports 4K applications.
The NANOCOM-KBU has an ‘Embedded controller structure’ and here’s a brief list of the features:
- A real-time interrupt for faster response rates
- Power control and battery management systems (On customer demand)
- I2C bus for supporting a range of IC formats
- Wide operating temperature range of -40oC to 85oC, 5V/12V CD input support
- A 1GbE LAN port
- Eight USB2.0 and two USB3.0 ports
- Two SATA 2 interfaces
- Four PCI-E expansion slots
David Hung, product specialist for AAEON’s embedded computing division says:
At AAEON, ‘service first’ is more than just a slogan; it’s something we live by. We design our products based on customer requirements, we remove hassle during the development stage, and we do all we can to help our customers get their systems working.